This morning my writing thoughts are about genre jumping. Taking the online classes in flash fiction keep me focused a bit more than usual. However, I also have a great passion for writing poetry. It was the first genre I ever wrote in. I love the musical tone that you find even in free verse poems, I love prose poems, and I love the way you can tell, or read, a whole intense story in a few wonderfully crafted lines. I'd like to share my poems as well as short stories here. And would love to hear your feelings about writing.

I worked on two stories over this past three day weekend. I also crafted a poem or two. This year I wish to take my writing to a new level--one of better quality and more submissions, hopefully leading to more publications.

If only work didn't get in the way of my writing time. It's a challenge. Leads me to be creative about how to make more time for what I love.

Comments

  1. I think flash and prose poetry - and poetry in general - are all part of the same wonderful world of succinct and meaningful communication. I will be happy to read any and all of what you write! I am also pleased to hear you have done so much writing of late. Excellent news!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poems for Mother's Day

A Bit of Writing Prompt Fantasy

Mentors and Routines: It takes a tribe