PREPARING FOR A BOOK SIGNING

Next Sunday, July 20, 2014, I will be reading some poems from "I am My Mother's Only Poem" and perhaps one or two sneak previews of poems from my forthcoming collection "Ripe Peaches." I will also be signing and selling copies of "I am My Mother's Only Poem" and my short story collection "Looking through Windows." There will be two baskets raffled off and blank note cards with my art work on them will be for sale as well.

All this is being graciously hosted by Chris and Mark Tobin at Mattebella Vineyards in Southold on the Nort Fork of Long Island. I hope you will all come along and share a fun and inspiring afternoon surrounded by the vineyards, fig trees and Chris' magnificent flowers.The roses are lush, red and gorgeous.

In preparation I have designed business cards, book related postcards and out together packets of note cards tied with ribbon. I am also in process of choosing poems to read and creating some snippets of background about some of the poems.

This is an amazing journey--every step along every path. There is the writing, rewriting, designing, creating art and working with book designers to get it all together. Now the non-writing aspects of being a poet come along, marketing, setting up events and networking with other amazing poets I had the opportunity to meet yesterday at the Walt Whitman Birthplace in Huntington where I hope to one day offer a reading and perhaps some poetry workshops of my own.

Looking forward to seeing everyone out at Mattebella next Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poems for Mother's Day

A Bit of Writing Prompt Fantasy

Mentors and Routines: It takes a tribe